The number one thing that has made a difference in planning our week is planning our dinners. Weekly meal planning has helped me stay on budget and takes the guesswork out of the dreaded nightly question, “What’s for dinner?” Download my free printable weekly meal planner to help organize and plan your weekly meals.
Why I love my free weekly meal planner
I used a magnetic whiteboard meal planner for years, and it served its purpose well. However, my only complaint was that the board listed specific days of the week, starting with Sunday or Monday. Occasionally, our schedules got hectic, and there were times when we could plan on Fridays or Saturdays. To provide more flexibility in my printable planner, I chose to omit the days of the week, allowing for easier planning regardless of the day.
Another thing I love about my planner is that I leave plenty of space. As you can see, I can put this one up on the fridge and the whole family can see what the menu is for the week!
Lastly, I love that my planner is reusable. I stick it in a plastic sheet, and voila! I can use it week after week. Use dry-erase markers like these to ensure the writing doesn’t rub off too easily. Download it once, and re-use it every week! Love it.
A life-changing hack!
And the best part? They will even provide a complete grocery list!! How cool is that?
Now, if you are looking for an even more robust weekly meal planning system, I would highly recommend Allison Hollinger’s Plan to Nourish membership. Allison is a fellow military spouse, and I had so many “aha!” moments during her free 5-day workshop. If you are not following her, go now and follow! She’s got so many great tips and great recipes.
While meal planning, here are a few tips that have helped me:
- Fridge Check Before Shopping: Prioritize checking and clearing out expired items in your fridge before grocery shopping.
- Pantry Shopping Tip: Take a cue from Allison Hollinger and explore your pantry for meal ideas, ensuring it stays organized.
- Meal Planning for Activities: Consider your weekly schedule when planning meals. Opt for convenient options on busy nights and plan bigger meals when time allows.
- Ingredient Reuse: Save time by incorporating shared ingredients across multiple meals, like the versatile Burger Bowl recipe from “It’s Better with Butter.”
- Calendar Meal Integration: Integrate meal plans into your digital calendar for better organization and family awareness. It is a daily reminder and a helpful reference for future meal ideas.
Grab your weekly meal planner now and get a bonus Free Shopping List template!
Love this FREE weekly meal planner? Check out my other free printables here.
Are you looking to detox digitally? Check out this article: Digital Detox: 5 things to do TODAY